Saturday, September 29, 2012

Is There a Right Time to Get Married?


Love comes in the most unexpected time. When I was young, I would always tell my family that I will get married at the age of 25. By that time, I am through with my studies and probably working already. I promise to help my family after I finish school. I dream a lot of dreams actually. I planned my life. I intend to finish my studies at a short time. I go to school even during summer to shorten the time of my studies. I fared well in school. I was always a pride and joy of my parents. But I failed miserably. I got pregnant when I was 19 and graduating already in college. You could just imagine the dismay in my parents' face. I failed them terribly. All my dreams were shattered just because I hurried in life.
Is there a right time to get married? Certainly YES. Actually, it is not apt to say that one has to be 25 and above to get married. It is a must that one has to be prepared financially and psychologically before plunging into marriage. Marriage can wait. Keep your values as much as possible. It is so easy to get married but very tough to stay married. Marriage is a lifetime commitment. It is a point of no return especially here in the Philippines. Divorce is not legal here and annulment costs so much. If you have no means and you want to get out of marriage, you can't easily get out. You're doomed. So for those who are in a hurry, you better think twice. Life is so complicated as it is. Nothing compares to a life with no responsibilities and carefree. Stay happy. As the song goes...wise men say only fools rush in...Don't be one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

awsurveys.com